Wednesday, June 2, 2010

This will be a better come back than Britany's

Hello blogosphere. Its me and I'm back for another crazy summer rowing experiance.

This time I'm going to be on the west coast hammering it out at a pair camp.

I've got 12 days until i show up.

Things i have learned from the summer that was last year:

Do not show up at development camp out of shape.
-worst mistake of my life. never again. 10k'd yesterday.
Not having cellphone service or a car sucks.
-being in seattle solves the first problem my dad is currently working on the second. Otherwise the bike with no brakes, the lightrail, and I will become great friends.
The right mindset and knowledge base is key.
-I seriously had NO idea about the intensity of what I was about to do. This time I have an idea and while i might not be out for blood I definatly am out for victory. Plus this time i am going to try rowing the type of boat i'm in for the summer before showing up and being thrown to the wolves or the hoosiers or what ever the people that wear red are.

Dragging a lot of stuff with you is not fun.
-last summer i needed four sets of clothes, three to work out in and one to wear while i washed the other three. I will remember this when i am packing up my apartment.
Have fun
-sounds like a no brainer, but under pressure it gets really hard this time i'm going to consentrate on enjoying life while rowing.


so now i'm going to bust out a few finals, a few presentations, and get ready to go. I've been reading some other summer rowing blogs and I'm ready to do this.

2 comments:

  1. you sound older and wiser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is your pair camp through Pocock or UW? It sounds like your summer is going to be bomb.

    ReplyDelete