Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Gratitude Smack Down

This week I have not been focusing on rowing as much as i have on patience, kindness, and humility. After bad seat racing on saturday which i thought was bad, but not THAT bad i was paired up with a freshman. Apparently, it was that bad. This girl is the version of who i was last summer only shorter. since i'm stroking she's bowing and I'm not going to lie, i'm a little terrified. its been nerve wracking to say the least. I am more aware of what I put hilary and caity through last summer and I feel that i should go appologize again.

When i was at NCAAs the inspirational speaker during the banquet had a newsletter you could sign up for. so i did. I got one of them this morning. How Graditude and Victimhood Cant Co-Exist. As i read the article i clued into the fact that i've been walking on the line of victimizing myself. What I need to focus on is what I'm greatful for: i get to row in a pair, at UW, be able to have a forerunner to drive around in and picked up enough odd jobs to pay for gas and parking. I also have friends that live close that let me crash at their house whenever. I have a lot to be thankful for.

Tomorrow is seat racing, the pair matrix, and I'm greatful i get to do it again. In with the good, out with the bad.

oh. and in other news. I was walking back to my car when the guy a few feet ahead of me had a WSU crew bag, so i asked him if he rowed there. Turns out the guys pair camp is 18 guys, four are from other schools and the rest are UW. Had a nice conversation with him. only 17 left to meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment