Thursday, August 13, 2009

finis. almost.

so its been several days since the candadian henley Blow Out Party (CHBOP as it will be known) and i was going to blog a blog that would have shattered everyone's world. (meaning it would have been less cool than i made it out to be) but its been several days and I dont feel like doing it anymore. I drank my martinellis and took advantage of the generosity of those less sober than myself. I scored: two bottles of martinelli's, a bag of mint cups, a free beer (which i could/did not drink)and a frosty.

I am home know and i want to leave indiana behind me. I was in airports and traveling for over 12 hours on tuesday and i am throughly practically done. While in transit I got a call from my mom saying i needed to do my sister a favor and work the morning shift. I flew in at 8pm and was at work at 5:30am the next day. back to my regular life. somethings about home have changed and some will always remain the same. I need about two weeks to process the last two months and then i will be able to be rid of it and move on with my life. I read a book about the AT on the way home and that was therapeutic. After I'd finished i decided against reading Vanity Fair or Mere Christianity and just thought about my summer. I learned a lot about myself and the way things worked. In someways it felt like i was subjected to a type of mental and physical torment that i inflicted upon my self day after day in the pursuit of a dream. other times it felt like i was fully in control of everything and the master of my own fate. There was a goal insight and I made it but the journey was not as smooth as i thought and hoped it would be. it was development camp. and thats what happened.

Give me two weeks, the good parts will rise to the surface and the annoying mindkilling parts will fade.

Its already changed me. I went running yesterday. who knows what will happen next?

No comments:

Post a Comment