Thursday, June 24, 2010

heads of pairs.

LPR. Long Pair Race. basically a 5k in a pair. no biggie.

So kelsey and I rowed up to the finish line behind waaaay behind everyone. I refuse to let this bother me. Kelsey and I chat, about rates, how we're liking pair camp, that i know she'll do her job of bowing to the best of her 1.5 weeks of training at it.

We were seated 5th. This kind of irritated me. fifth? but it really doesnt matter unless you can bring it on the water. I also remembered from airplanes "get another hand soon after you fold" yeah, i dont do that fold thing. So i show up in game day spandex. my neon zebra stripped confidence killers. anyone who wears those is asking for it.

We went out there and ROWED. we were with in a boat length of second and our steering when wild and we lost it, a big part of head races is the ability to row the shortest distance meaning the straightest line.

well,,,, we sort of got waked out by a yaht, kind of ran into or rather scraped the side of the cut with my oar, which took off a stroke or two and nearly ran over the coaching launch at the end, i think i was messing up steering with the toe. another thing to work on. we didnt mess with it and did strickly by power. brute force power team, getting it done anyway but pretty.

it paided off, we placed forth. and were 19 seconds behind 3rd. which wasnt good but a lot better than i thought it was going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment