Monday, June 14, 2010

First things First: unisuit up!

its the blog you've all been waiting for. all four of my faithful blog followers. anyway. First day of UW pair camp. I was expecting something different, maybe a little more intense, maybe a little more...indiana.

however i can also do low key and chill. with recommended second practices. That kind of floored me. what? Recommended? seriously? it looks like if i put in the work I can possibly take some of these kids to the cleaners. there are only four to be seniors and only one of them looks like a rowing vetern. She is slight and serious looking. slight, shorter girls always intimitade me, its that whole strength to weight ratio. I can see power eminating from them like the virgin mary's halo in medival art. I would not classify myself as vetern, more like rowing consentration camp survivor.

there are like 22 girls here. 7 or 8 of us are not from UW and everone else is. There was definately a divide today. I wore my maroon and gold SPU ATHLETICS shirt as a "hello world I am not a dawg." I and the syr girl are now facebook friends.

The head coach's flight got cancelled so we were indoors on ergs. I'm okay with that, I'm an erg monster. as for the work out I did hard prep work to make sure i didnt show up out of shape, so this was easy: open ratings and doing 4x10' with 3 minutes off in between. I totally kicked it. well half it. It is always reasuring to know that you can understroke the person next to you and still be much lower than them. why did i ever stop core? what lies did i believe? i fell off an exercise ball constantly. and pushups... well i got down easily(as i body slammed into the ground), up needs some work.

Its going to be a good summer. if for no other reason than i'm about to go make funfetti!! and work it off tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to know that some of us "less-statuesque" rowers can be intimidating! ^_^ You're such a beast, though!

    ReplyDelete