Friday, June 25, 2010

steering and veering

Another day down. Well sort of, I have to still do this erg piece. Its 6 1k’s and after practice I decided to do it then so when I got off work I would be done. No such luck, after 1k I was dead, I tried to do the next one I fought it for about 250 meters and I just stopped. Having only ate a banana I wasn’t going to be able to pull a two workouts with that turnaround on that and do well. I also had to be to work at 10 and shower so it was a no go. Now I have to find an erg. There is one downtown so now I have to figure out a way to trek back and use it. Without paying a ton for gas and parking. I think I just coordinated a halfway solution.

I am now with the port of the pair that I and Kelsey beat yesterday, Kelsey got put with the starboard from that pair. The girl I’m with now is fairly technically, which may have been frustrating for her, but I am improving quite a bit. The whole reorientation to suspension, and carrying the power up through my entire body. So basic, and so not mastered. I have a lot of technical stuff to work out, leading with hips, slowing the slide, aggressive send. hopefully I can get it down in the week or two I have left.

We were making good ground, I tend to go up the slide a little too fast, the top quarter gets rushed. However unlike last summer I’m not having anxiety issues. I also learned how to toe. “hard you” means second position for feet in ballet--heels together, “hard me” means I point my toes together. Of course my kindergarten grasp on which is right, left, port, and starboard doesn’t make toeing easy and my over correcting ability can be compared to a three year old trying to color in the lines. Your motor skills have been weighted in the balance and found wanting. At least we haven’t hit anything. My strategy is get ahead of everyone and stay there. That way the only thing you can hit is EVERYTHING except other pairs.

Tomorrow is Pair Matrix which is like a cool non threatening way to say SEAT RACING.

No comments:

Post a Comment