Saturday, June 19, 2010

Cox, cane included

We were in 8’s today to practice going hard and fast since we have been trying to get the hang of pairs this last week. Unfortunately the Revered Coach (Bob) could not get three cox only two so this lady that showed up to watch us who is from the master’s camp coxed. Meaning she steered, usually towards the other boats. She even took her cane in the boat with her. Classic. Best part of pair camp so far. Her in her Jessica simpsonesque sunglasses with a cane and a feather in her brimmed hat. I was sadly not in her boat.

I totally chicked out and did not go through the lost and found in the locker room and swipe myself some UW gear. It’s a big rolling box with a bunch of shoes but I think there could be a uni or at least a JL down on the bottom. I need to man up and do it. Swiping gear is rowing culture. I have an SPU tank that is up for grabs if anyone wants to trade me a Penn AC tank. I want a shiny blue tank. If it could be a men’s lightweight and have Light across the back that would even be better. I would totally rock it even though I do not even qualify as a men’s lightweight. Sweet irony.

www.urbanerg.com is the new best website I’ve found and as soon as I’m done with pair camp I’m doing ERG: 75 workouts for athletes.

2 comments:

  1. Dude. If I get an extra tank, I will totally trade you! I traded a PLU tank for a Wisco light tank today! Hahaha... I'll keep an eye out for that light PennAC shit though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a SPU tank, I also have a U.S. Nationals Pre-Elite clam light grey shirt, but it would be HUGE on you. I also plan to steal as much UW gear as i can get my hands on. as soon as i man up.

    ReplyDelete