Wednesday, June 16, 2010

(Day) Three is a magic Number

When I woke up this morning I was not feeling the neon zebra striped spandex. Obviously this was the hand of God interceding. I was late to practice. 15 minutes late. I had to go back to my house to get my phone, it would have been okay except I took the wrong freeway exit (15 minute detour) and Seattle drivers decided since it was raining 50mph was an acceptable road way speed --I can’t be safe! I have a pair camp to get to! And to add insult to the injury of having to pay $7 to use the parking lot the bill machine would not take my dollars and I had to mess with it. I conquered and made it take my money.

Today a 6k Erg test was announced. !!! I may be the only one excited about this. Erging for me is nice, there is no danger of flipping an erg, I can monitor my progress with the help of numbers, and I am very confident in my erg skillz. I could even be considered cocky. In the end its about boats so an erg score is just a number. But I will take good numbers. So I’m pumped. After this test the 27 of us will be stratified based on boat skill, and current level of fitness, so its kind of important. Just a little bit

Drills on the water: I can so go around in circles pretty well when the boat is being set. Although I nearly tangled with lilly pads twice. I had awful flashbacks to Canadian Henley when I flipped with the help of sea grass. Caity, I am still sorry about that.

Rowing and Working is a nice combo. Stress is almost nonexistent. None of this school stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment