Wednesday, July 29, 2009

You're so Vain

I rode my bike to the store again. The 10k on the water was a joke of a workout. we got waked out pretty bad. At one point we stopped because waves came up to our shoulders. Hilary had to bail water out with her water bottle because the whole compartment was swamped. speed boats. and Jet skis. When you see people rowing DO NOT WAKE THEM OUT.

so this being said I biked to the store which i thought was 12 miles but could have been up to 16. yeah round trip its 10. google maps. so much for burning mad calories. It was nice to be free, riding down a two way highway. I bought milk, coke, and cookie mix. Got to talk to sarah long. and then as i was biking back my phone rang and it was my mother. YES. i had called them first and they werent home so i got to talk to my mom and the kids. I must have been a strange sight, standing with a bike talking on a cell on the side of the highway. I am so excited to get back home and ride MY bike "The Tank" and go hang out with my siblings. I proceeded to bike back singing You're So Vain and Killing Me Softly. I got back so late that I had to eat in the dark because all my doublewide mates had gone to bed. Speaking of that. I am excited for my own bed. MY OWN BED. in which i can have the whole thing and not worry about thrashing and kicking Cathrine.

Not getting up at 5:20. i realize that if i was at home i would be getting up this early anyway. practice is at 6:30. I used to get up at 5:20, now my alarm goes off then and I get out of bed 20 minutes later. I'm about to start sleeping in my workout clothing so i can sleep longer. If i didnt have to eat in the morning i would wake up at 6. I always ride my bike to practice so i can leave latter and thus get up later.

Weight Room. We have our last day today, then we are unloading for canadian henley. I am baking the weight coach cookies. Our regular coach asked me on monday during weights what my favorite song is and if it was something by Metallica. "No. Its Killing Me Softly" Apparently this is funny. I do not know why. Maybe because its an analogy for my entire weight room experiance. I did get 30 box jumps. Only once. I am going to try to get that same number today.

Crew is all about being on every single stroke. its about being able to push past the point of pain and give it everything every single stroke. Trying to do this day after day and still not completely getting it is wearing. My pair partner (The wonderful Savage) called me to let me know she was taking skulling lessons and felt my pain and that it was incredible difficult. I am getting better, I crab less, my aerobic capacity I think is getting stronger, My leg muscles are more developed. We had a practice 2k this morning. It was horrible, but we started making good changes to get more run. One thing i will not miss is looking down and seeing white flecks of skin on my JL shorts. blisters are nasty problems.

I might miss living in spandex when i return to my side of the country. I basically have three days worth of clothing that i wear and then wash. I could have left half the clothing I brought with me at home. I will miss this simplistic side to life.

We move out of the doublewide in two days. I probably should start packing. I brought way too much stuff. This has just reinforced that I need to ditch more stuff. I can only have stuff I love. I love the feeling that when all my stuff is messy and all over the place my place is still clean because i have HARDLY ANYTHING.
(this day is coming it has not come yet)

well i need to make cookies. and pack and wash dishes. and get out of crew clothing.

2 comments:

  1. i'm glad you're making bike rides and braving crazy hills in the name of junk food. makes me proud, girl. but that's a given.

    ReplyDelete