Sunday, July 26, 2009

So this girl walks into a bar...ouch

So yesterday one of the things i planned because i had no plans and life was very boring (except for the fact that i went biking, and then ate ben and jerrys while watching too much tv) was to go to the porthole. the local bar. which everyone asks if we've been to. apparently it is a happening place. I needed to see it for myself.

After trying to convince everyone to go with me and totally failing, I managed to talk Johnna into going today after she finished a soul crushing paper for some online class. The paper wore her down into saying yes. and the fact i baked cookies and shared them and that she is a good person. back to the Porthole Bar. we walked the quarter of mile to there. Lots of motorcyles outside. when there is only one bar in a very big radius i think the bar has to double as the cool place to be.

We went and got carded for our cokes, ordered poppers and mozzerella sticks which probably tasted better if we were inebriated, (we cant drink at this camp so thus the cokes, but i dont drink anyway so thus the coke.) and talked about life. while all the while i plotted how awesome my blog about this was going to be. sadly its fallen a little short of my expectations. The bar filled up while we were chit chatting about life, our coaches, how things were progressing. I'd like to think that as girls who had never been seen there we were the topic of every one's conversation. This probably is not true. we probably had snagged someone's favorite spot at the bar and they were probably not happy about it. the place had lots of nascar flags and stuff and kareokee doesnt start till next month. I know because i asked. yes, thats right, I asked about kareokee even though i cant sing. I was going to bank on them being drunk'ed. I'm pretty sure it was going to be the major event of my summer --even bigger than the chipmonk. most of my summer has been spent on hypothosizing on what could or would have been awesome or what i could do to make my loyal readers of this blog excited to read the drivel that I post.

so yeah. that was my porthole experience, when i was outside leaving I snapped a picture to upload to my blog which i probably wont (because that involves finding my camera cord and I dont want to go look for it.) One of the guys said that since i did that i had to go for a ride on his harley, but he didnt have a helmet so i declined. I probably should have though, for a indianaian cultural experience. but he was old and kind of creepy looking from faraway. Oh well. --What i really am thinking is DANGIT. this would have been PERFECT for my blog. it is all about the blog.

I am now going to go watch more tv until i figure out to do something else blog worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment