Friday, July 3, 2009

Holding on To Joy

I keep thinking this to myself: My joy cannot be dependant upon circumstances. Joy must be held onto even when things suck. This is a difficult thing to learn. Today practice was not good. Wind, current, bouts of anxiety and fear (there are bridges to hit and oars to lose)you know...circumstances. Just because the circumstances change that does not mean rowing form can change or that it should go bad. This could be an analogy for life.

I have the rest of the day off so I am going to go do the most important thing to do in philly (besides go to trader joes which is what I did yesterday). I am going to see transformers! Because one thing that can cheer me up is explosions. Nick the rower who is also living at the frat house said that the only good thing about Transformers is Megan Fox and Explosions and because I dont care about Megan Fox, explosions are now where its at. but i love Shia Lebouf so that should be a close second.

i would also like to announce that mental training is a big deal. and that if your mind isnt disciplined life is going to be rough. shooting down evil crazy thoughts one by one. Because the fear and the anxiety do come, but ultimately its what you do with it. Hold on or kick it out?

No comments:

Post a Comment