Sunday, July 12, 2009

Blessings

Today when I woke up I decided I was definately going to go to church so I walked up a three mile hill and went to a small country church. sat in on of the back rows and quickly met everyone with in handshaking radius. I was new and every one around here knows about the rowing camp, so i was a mini celebrity.

After church (which was wonderful just singing songs and listening to a sermon on being chosen by God was enough to make my day) I started back home down the three mile hill, and was stopped by a van driven by a sweet lady asking if i wanted a ride. She and her family owned a guest cottage, which I and several of the girls stopped by nearly a month ago to ask questions. They remembered me! and had seen me at church. so I climbed in got myself invited to a family birthday party.

So i went to a family birthday party, hung out eatting pizza, cake, & ice cream. On the drive back I got the whole history of the area and mentioned I had wanted a bike but didnt have one. So they gave me a bike and left over cake. When they heard I didnt have cell service and couldnt call my mom? come stop by our house and use our phone anytime you want.

Everything I wanted so bad I got in a matter of hours. a bike, a phone line, hanging out with kids/a family it just HAPPENED.

Indiana country hospitality. what can I say? God is good. He's always blessed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment