Monday, August 3, 2009

Cell Service and internet. and guns.

I have been on count down. I am ready to come home. really really ready. I have 8 more days. So now I am in canada. to finish out racing at the canadian henley.

Back Up:
I finished out the last week of practices, moved out of the doublewide, returned the bike to my friends who own the guest cottage. Missy had made me cookie bars. Unfortunately they didnt turn out but we salvaged part of them and my teammates were glad to see them after a long day of cleaning. I moved into our coach's condo for the last two days (our landlord wanted $500 for the two days in august we would be here) It was nice to only have to share a condo with another teammate and a coach. I am so excited to be out of indiana. so excited.

After a practice 2k on saturday (which i and my doubles partner nailed) we ended up going to a movie, My fourth one of the summer. So far I have seen Star Trek, Year One, Transformers, and The Proposal. Movie addict much?

My coach does not have internet, but after roving around the yard of the condo complex, finding internet, had a deer with antlers sighting, lost the internet, went searching again and thanks to unprotected internet found another connection. Its a good life, even if I look like a complete idiot carrying a laptop around hitting refresh wifi every five seconds.

Sunday:
I was now 9 miles out of unionville but a family offered to help me out if i needed anything. They ended up coming and getting me and taking me to church. I got to have family dinner with them. Their daughter is my age and we hung out playing cornhole with involves throwing beanbags at a board with a hole in it. this may sound lame. it is not. and I throw terribly. after losing we got board with that and ended up shooting guns. hand guns, and bigger guns. in the backyard. that was my first time doing that. I definately like throwing knives better but guns are cool too. Its a little less easy to kill or injure someone with a throwing knive in my opinion. It was such a great time to hang out with a complete family. Kids, Grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, the food was the first homecooked food I'd had since i came out here.

I was able to talk to a few people while in town. Amy, Chloe, Parents, Blackhorse, Ellen. I will never take cell service for granted again. until next time.

Not a bad way to leave indiana. I loved the church, the people, disliked the lack of cell service, watched too much tv and hulu, didnt read my books, and didnt write as many letters or send as many post cards as i planned. All in all if i had to rate this trip so far. I'd give it a 7. the guns alone bumped it up a point and half.

No comments:

Post a Comment