Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Second Star to the Right

i jumped in. i signed up for pocock's colligiate summer program yesterday. The idea of not rowing for the next two and a half months was not something i could come to terms with. I'm doing it for the skill acquisition. I need more skills. single, double, pair, quad. yes please. will take skills in all of those.

First i got to row the dream over at UW, where my rowing roots began in the 40's and now i get to transfer the dream to phase II. My grandfather rowed with Stan and was coached by George Pocock so i'm pumped.

Today i got used to "The Vega" and rowing with Abby from PLU. I hadnt seen her since WIRA so seeing a familiar face was nice. we were put together in a pair, nearly met our doom with a armada of singles. there were at least 20 of them and only one of us. I miss the UW pocock pairs, but i'm excited for what the next two months will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment