Tuesday, June 16, 2009

An Overview

INDY
I am Officially in Indiana! We didnt get internet until last night, and I have no cell service, except in town. I live 10 miles from civilization. The only transportation I have is my feet and a mountain bike. I am now a country kid. my only link with civilization is the internet. I miss you Seattle.

I am living in a house with 8 other girls, the most inconvenient part is the fridge. Food falls out of it continually, I have already spilled blueberries. we have two bathrooms, so that is a bit easier. our house is actually a double wide trailer. its pretty amazing. we also have no dishwasher. Fun Times at the Double Wide. I will try to post pictures.

We are from all over, From Oregon to New Jersey. going from 1 roommate to 8 has been an interesting change.

I have found that i packed some very wonderful items, which have turned out to be very important. such as a mug, and sunglasses. and forgot some important things. rain gear. apparently it rains here. I didn't think it would, (I dont know where I put my brain while i was packing)

WHAT I DO
Its been three looong days. my schedule is as follows:
5:20am awake
6ish leave for practice
6:30-10:30 practice and technique practice (half hour break between)
11 get back and eat food/shower
12-4 meditate, read, email, or sleep
5-6:30 second practice
7 eat food and read more/internet
9:30-10 go to sleep

it feels like eat, row, sleep, repeat.

The workouts have rocked my world a bit. I think that's the point. I have never been this sore. I actually consider if i really want to get out of chairs/bed because my legs hurt. especially my back, and arms. I think the only place that didnt hurt was my feet, and then i got heel blisters.

SLOWLY BUT SURELY
I am slowly learning to skull, this camp is like college athletics on steroids. The first day was a sensory overload: two oars, no cox, keeping a point, nearly hitting the coaching launch because i didnt keep the point... I have new respect for coxswains. The second day I was in a single. I flipped. FOUR times. The first time I learned. DO NOT let go of the oars. The 2-4 times I dug deep past the point of no return. The water was warm and by the 3 time I became quite speedy in getting back into the single. The goal for next time is to stay dry.

I have officially gotten over socks and sandals. I still think it is terrible life decision but I am now not without sin. I wear socks....with reefs. I look like a ninja turtle because my reefs are green. its sorta epifalicus. (epic + fail / by latin ending) I decided to sacrifice style for the comfort of not rubbing on my blisters. I am done confessing.

This is where I feel I am supposed to be, but it definately a trial in dealing with anxiety, peace, patience, and grace. As I go through each day I realize how many things I take for granted. How blessed I have been. I have a new found appreciation for my team, Christ, and my parents, and cell phone service.

No comments:

Post a Comment