Saturday, June 27, 2009

Day 10 Update

****This was written several days ago in the hopes that i would reread and edit it.****

Day 10

I am in day 10 of rowing. Its been a hard 10 days. I have bruises. Lots of bruises. On day 4 or so my computer cord gave out. It had frayed and I gave it an electrical cord fix and got about 5 extra days out of it. Before my computer totally died I purchased a new cord on ebay. In the 5-7 days I had limited computer use. (I was able to borrow a charger a couple times but my computer looses charge fast) Not having cell service is bad. Not having internet is bad. Not having both is worse. But my charger arrived today and it was a day highlight. My mom also sent me a package in which she had made me snack packs –pieces of home! My siblings had written me letters which I love getting. I have discovered that the post office which is up several LARGE hills is only three miles away. So I think biking may be an option. Then I will have cell service.

We’re Not In Seattle Anymore:

I was told it was hot here. That is an understandment. I am already a golden brown. I get tan at 6:30am practice. I drink as much water as I can to stay hydrated. Hot weather can be gotten used to, but working out in it is a different type of fun.

The workouts are getting easier. By easier I mean I am getting better at skulling. I was in the single yesterday and I did about a 6k and DID NOT flip. This was good. Very good. This morning at practice we did some higher stroke rate pieces and that was wonderful (what I was trained with). Power per stroke is becoming my friend but for the last ten days we have been frenemies.

The weight coach came to afternoon practice yesterday and decided we didn’t work hard enough (6k day) so we got assigned more weight stuff this afternoon. I have no idea where they come up with these exercises. Pushing 45lb plates across the floor. It’s resistant mountain climbers? The trick is to move your legs fast or you will end up crashing your knees into the carpet. I learned this in a trial and error method. I will probably have bruised knees tomorrow.

My mom sent me this verse from 1st Peter 4:

12Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

13But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

This is what I am in. A fiery trial. I want to come out victorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment