Monday, June 29, 2009

I am learning to abound and abase

This week I am learning to abase. Its only for a week. We were told we were staying at someone's house and they were gone. We expected to have a fulling functioning house, with sheets, kitchen items and other house things. No. Not really. Not here. We are in a Frat house with hardly anything of use to us in it. Which is sad, because had i known I would have brought my coffee mug, sheets, and a few other items. I packed too light. Another Rower has been living here for the last 18 days and has used the same plate and fork for the entire time.

But God always provides. One girl lives in Jersey and was able to borrow a lot of things from her apt and her neighbors. When you show up somewhere and you have to bring your own toilet paper it puts a different spin on things. Even in this dirty frat house with its sticky beer residues on counters and floors, cockroaches, no air flow, and foul smells I am still living better than most of the world.

I had to go shopping today for items. The only item I could justify buying was a towel because there is no way that even if I find a frat towel that using it would be a good idea. I've started living on the edge Thinking Do i really NEED this? or do i just want it? I have found that most thing are things I just WANT. But am I able to live this way because I know its only for a week?

1 comment: